Cascade View Elementary School (CVES) opened in 2005 and serves students in kindergarten through fifth grade. The school is situated at the heart of the Snoqualmie Ridge community in the picturesque town of Snoqualmie. CVES has 33 classrooms, two computer labs, a library, music room, gymnasium, multi-purpose lunchroom with a stage for special performances, and playground amenities. Every classroom is equipped with state-of-the-art technology tools that include interactive white boards, web-based tools, and an increasing number of mobile devices with wireless capacity. In 2018, the district expanded computer coding instruction to grades K-5 at all SVSD elementary schools.
- Fifth grade outdoor education program
- High level of family involvement
- ASB student leaders (grades 4/5) focus on mentoring, school improvement and community service
- PTSA sponsors an annual Science, Art and Spelling Night, plus enrichment classes after school in music, art and science
- Peer mediators and peer tutors support younger students
- Our strong Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports (PBIS) program reinforces a positive school culture
- The Girls on the Run Program promotes self-esteem and good health
- The art enrichment program is sponsored by the CVES PTSA
"We challenge every student to think, to learn, to care and to succeed."
- We will make decisions with a focus on students.
- We will take care of ourselves so we can support others.
- We will value, respect and build relationships with students, families and staff.
- We will create a caring, safe and welcoming community, which allows all students to engage authentically in their learning.
- We will build a positive environment.
- We will have high expectations for ourselves and students.
- We will strive to empower and engage students in the learning process.
- We will make each student feel loved and capable as a learner.
- We will strive to get to know each student as a whole child.
- We will inspire and challenge all students.
The Snoqualmie Valley School District (SVSD) is located 30 miles east of Seattle in the beautiful Cascade Mountain foothills of Washington State. The district spans more than 400 square miles and serves families in Fall City, North Bend, Snoqualmie, and surrounding unincorporated areas in King County. We offer quality public education to approximately 7,200 students in 11 schools — six elementary schools (grades P-5), three middle schools (6-8), one comprehensive high school (9-12), and a Big Picture high school (9-12).
Alternative learning options offered by our district include Mount Si High School’s Online Courses (9-12), our Parent Partnership Program for families who choose to school their students (K-10) at home, a Transition Learning Center for special education services for ages 18-21, and a 100% Online Learning Program (K-12).
Since 2019, our students have enjoyed the newly-constructed and expanded Mount Si High School campus, which features a state-of-the-art Performing Arts Center. Our district’s One-to-One Computing Initiative equips every student in grades 6-12 with a laptop computer for use at school and home. Thanks to our supportive community that values education, Snoqualmie Valley schools rank among the best in Washington State with a 96% four-year graduation rate. Learn more from the latest OSPI Snoqualmie Valley School District Report Card.